About a week ago the Philippines was hit by a severe storm this year at least 375 people lost their lives and hundreds of thousands were left homeless and had very little water one of the worst affected was the famous tourist island of Siargao and from there, our correspondent.
Howard johnson sent the report a major overhaul when he saw a hurricane in Iran for the first time.
We arrived here last Thursday carrying a wind speed of 150 miles per hour and throwing a lot of rain these tense images.
When the new theater doubled as the exit center was torn to pieces there was no protection there was no roof no wall it lay there on the floor and all the forces of nature seemed to strike us with full force.
We had nothing when the governor estimated that 90 percent of the buildings were damaged here is the house this man shows me.
Where his home shop and grocery store once was scared because my kids are gone food is gone and my house is in ruins because of the cyclone.
I do not know if I will start again my shop and my home
This is an incident that we have seen many times that the roof is broken like a sardine canopy with a metal shattering back glass shattered.
At the top, you can see the roof collapsing here on the ground many people have no place to hide their head.
Right now and the people here need more support they need more help they need more water more food and at the
when things are about to arrive.
But not immediately exceed the amount of filtered bottled water doubled last week forcing some to find other sources.
This family draws water from an old well but it is not clean. Cases of diarrhea increase here.
It is bad for the stomach, sir. at the most damaged airport on the island assistance is passing but limited many foreign residents wait for up to three days to fly from the island leading to panic nothing there is no plan we should check ourselves.
Uh, that's what the real epidemic is without a plan I'm sorry as this evening the philippine red cross team is helping the islanders to talk to their loved ones.
Ones using their satellite phone help is here but there needs to be more I think there is a tree inside our car where there is a beautiful afternoon world.
May not be visible but a big storm is coming with the warnings set to wait for 150 meters high waves miles per hour winds until I learned that if you have a house with a nipper roof or this kind of traditional style at the top.
You may be ruined by the weather warnings say go out again.
take anything out of your garden that does not need to be outside we do not have garden furniture to deal with but we have solar panels.
On the roof which I will now lower the roof luckily. of our big concrete house thinks we will be safe I just hope this neighbor's house will be fine.
We will see I do not want to completely close the solar panel because we may need it will be strong cuts I just want to take you off the roof to put a big stone where heavy wood is not blown.
But 150 km per hour winds like 80 miles per hour very fast. I wish I had made time to tie all these things down well now but
it will be hitting about 12 hours so it makes sense.
So I just do what. I can instead of trying to get up here and dig things up without checking it properly we have a power bank which should last a long time.
I would say maybe 24 hours if we use it properly but I heard that if this attack could last 72 hours you know 48 hours to 72 power without internet.
So we will see that you may not be able to see this vlog until my mom always tells me. I am growing up in Myanmar where they used to have hurricanes they opened the windows slightly and let the airflow into the house.
So you know to make sure there was not so much resistance I think. They pushed the house but that one had wooden houses on the foundations to everything.
I'm not sure that would work very well if we could open some of these vents but I just think it will be very windy I think in a situation like this we have a concrete house.
I will just close it I just want to check with the car I make sure I left nothing behind I want to thank the people for all the details.
Warning messages about this hurricane, yes we have experienced a few hurricanes here in the Philippines already here for a year and a half maybe just a little later, however, we actually never.
The whirlwind passing through the island is always like a skirt or just knowing pass by so it will be the first time to be in her eyes.
I think it is very scary these are the kinds of things that confuse me when I think about it. like a whirlwind, anything like to think these wheels are torn and flying in the air and you know.
They can cut things they can't do much to protect the cars I just picked up loose items and He removed them just made sure nothing would fall on them.
But very strong this place well done let's see it as a new day here in our country.
The village is actually on its way to win but we are filling up the full tank of the car because tomorrow there will be a hot storm on the way and for now.
It will hit directly on the island. so jay had an idea this morning to fill both vehicles so we have a full gas tank because we don't have a generator at home and our power bank can last a long time.


No comments:
Post a Comment