That did not happen. The FBI is still hunting for more than $ 170 million in frozen accounts linked to Bagudu.
Bagudu denies any wrongdoing and denies the order to suspend the cold. It's very frustrating. And, again, it comes back to these well-known resorts, right? Whether it was Vanuatu, Singapore, Caymans, Switzerland at the time.
He has a handful of people looting the country's resources, whether Nigeria is rich in oil, South Sudan is rich in oil, Congo is rich in resources.
And, yet, often, a large percentage of the population lives below the poverty line. Imagine the good that could have been done with $ 5 billion in Nigeria in the late 90s.
Roads, infrastructure, schools, medicine, education, health. All of that could have been and all that has been taken up by a handful of people.
Russia is one of the most vulnerable and most rewarding financial institutions. It was a well-paid source for clients in Graeme Briggs and Asiaciti.
One of the people Briggs has invested in is Herman Gref, Putin's former prime minister and head of the Russian state-owned bank, which was later approved by the US and Australia.
JOHN CHEVIS: Thus, a meeting took place at a cafe in Moscow in February 2015 between Graeme Briggs, head of Asiaciti, and Herman Gref, a former high-ranking official, also politically exposed in Russia.
They also met to discuss the structure that Asiaciti had set for Herman Gref and that he would use the building in his post-government role or in his post-government life.
Therefore, the fact that the bank addressed to Herman Gref is punished. I think it's important. Asiaciti helped set up the coastal network Herman Gref and one of his government colleagues, former deputy head of Putin's staff, Kirill Androsov.
He spoke to four Kona Singaporeans when he is now a fund manager. Yes. I met Graeme. At first, I met Graeme. I think it's a month of fundraising.
Because, for me, it was important who would be the fund manager and what was the status of this company?
The fact that they are Russians is not a red flag, but the fact that they were Russian politically exposed people and that some of them had allegations of corruption surrounding them. Some of them were closely linked to the Russian government, the highest levels in the Russian government.
And then to see a large amount of money moving in a circular pattern - that’s a different red flag.
SIREN WHOOPS
Leaked documents indicate that Kirill Androsov received a $ 25-million ransom from a Russian businessman with links to organized crime.
Asiaciti has failed to keep track of millions of dollars in transactions in complex Russian buildings.
Fraudulent expert John Chevis reviewed the documentation. It is important to note that these were not insignificant amounts of money.
We were talking about $ 25 million at one time for this transaction. There was a circular transaction between these three ... these three people.
Whether they were doing the work themselves or someone else did it, it did not seem that they had a legitimate reason for any of the tasks being performed.
The Asiaciti customer transaction in Russia was later investigated by a Singaporean regulator, who presented a curse report.
Yes, they have found that Asiaciti anti-money laundering programs are in short supply, in many ways.
They suggested that the policies and procedures were out of place and that those existing policies and procedures could not be properly adhered to.
Androsov has openly denied that any of his commercial dealings are in any way illegal or illegal.
He told four corners that he continues to work with Asiaciti. To the best of my knowledge, they still have a license. And as long as they have licenses, they have a duty to operate.
I do not know the details of this case and I do not know what it is. We keep business in some respects and stop business in other aspects, but I don't think it has anything to do with the case the Singapore Monetary Authority had announced.
Last year the Monetary Authority of Singapore fined Asiaciti $ 1.1 billion for failing to adequately monitor its high-risk and "many, and in some cases, the system, is losing" money laundering.
You have to ask yourself, "Why is someone in this business?
"Why would anyone run a trustworthy company from Singapore,"where they blaspheme ..."control to combat money laundering and terrorist financing?"
So, you know, I would just say I have to ask ... you know what his company does - I'd like to know,
"Has anything changed since they were investigated and fined?"
The fine was very small. I mean, a little slap on the wrist.
International tax authorities, major financial authorities,
know the scale of what professional providers do and the scope of their access.
Therefore, they formed various combined forces trying to combat hidden income, hidden assets, and the complete concealment of beneficial ownership by donors.
Australian authorities have been trying to track down tax evasion offshore for years. In 2006 the ATO launched a major tax fraud investigation into Australian history.
It was called Project Wickenby. WILL DAY: So, Project Wickenby, I think, was the first time we had put together a multi-agency merger to avoid sea tax evasion.
We have raised more than $ 1 billion in debt, with unpaid taxes, and additional fines. VANDA GOULD: My name is Vanda - V-A-N-D-A, Gould - G-O-U-L-D.
One of its targets was a Sydney accountant who was an Asiaciti client. Her name is Vanda Gould. And right now I'm in the Long Bay Corrective Center, in prison.
Vanda Gould spoke to four Conquerors in prison. He was arrested on tax fraud charges in 2013.
I was at home. I was ... I was ... thinking of doing exercise on an exercise bike. And, I mean I was, you know ... And then all these Commonwealth Police come in and raided our home.
Vanda Gould met Graeme Briggs in the mid-80s and began doing business with him in the early '90s. I met Graeme Briggs and we started chatting.
I'm talking to her. It wasn’t a very long call, this conversation. After that, he took it upon himself to contact me.

No comments:
Post a Comment