When her twin Sam and Julian were born six weeks before Sarah was suffering from an emergency family emergency and friends.
Who could no longer watch took action and made an amazing intervention led by her aunt Kath Connell?
He was shocked and burst into tears he said I know I know what he came for I know and then it was so relief maybe it will be taken out of my hands I know it just happened at that moment.
I thought you know you are in the first steps to the road that you can pass us on you never thought you were going mentally.
You think all these other things like I don’t get enough sleep
or I am worried about this and if I can do that again if my husband would love to go and we should cut down that tree as long as we cut down that tree and if that one is you can just stop running through that window.
Always waiting for me to look like me but you never thought in a million years think oh I lost my mind I have a mental illness no it was the last thing on my mind you.
Know I just thought it was everything else Sarah finally found out she had Postpartum or postpartum depression is a rare condition that can be devastating to a relative with postpartum depression, this was more than just a child's concern.
Oh yes and I read you know when I finally talk to others
experts know that if you know there are three types are baby blues postpartum depression and then Postpartum depression with psychosis and that Sarah is what you have with postpartum depression with psychosis.
The diagnosis was sad but also a relief, in the end, Sarah had a reason for her suffering and in the end, she could have been better but her grief would remain hidden for 10 years.
She boldly told her story in a magazine article read by women all over the world. the night I had the first episodes of screaming for a long time.
I felt ashamed of my illness it was a dark secret for anyone not in my inner circle I think we need more people to talk and see that it's okay you know it's okay to share.
The hard and painful things in Wollongong Gabrielle McAuliffe was surprised to see someone. with such a high-profile talk about something taboo, Gabby's postpartum psychosis also came as a shock.
I saw that my spirit dropped so much that it was probably the first thing I just stopped eating I stopped drinking thinking that maybe even at that stage.
I was trying to lie that you know everything is going well so you feel like you shut up yes. It was weird sometimes I felt like my mind was like all these thoughts like running and sometimes.
I felt nothing like this numbness of death inside me, it just felt like he was no longer responding to anything and I was numb and empty for another such morning.
Um and yes I said you love me and it's like I have nothing which is my name nothing like what happened where is Gab where has my wife gone nothing about gabby making sense to her husband Andrew as a professional.
The psychologist even Gabby did not understand what was happening to her until a worried friend yelled at a young couple finally.
I sought the help of doctors what is the first step I think they have identified me that day very soon yes how different postpartum psychosis is different from postpartum depression we feel most.
Much about me just because of its complexity because it affects a woman's ability to process the truth and is very rare so about one in five hundred to one thousand women after a baby is born while depression is about one in five dr Rebecca hill is a gynecologist.
The Head of Adelaide unit that treats women with postpartum psychosis and their children specially equipped with intangibles is one of the few dedicated.
Units around the world this sounds like a room they can have in their home you know 'I found a bed.
Where children's toys yes a lot of effort has been made to make it feel like it was at home even though gabby was lucky to make it.
A complete recovery at home was not the last time he and Andrew had their second child, Joshua, a year later.
Mental illness again but this time.
Gabby was admitted to a psychiatric institution at the time was the only way he could but now 80 years in keeping the good news in New South Wales formed.
Two units of mental health professionals for the first time due to opening in the coming months. have had nightmares twice gabby McAuliffe has been asked by the health department to provide advice.
She wants to stop other mothers from suffering from the pain she is going through in the first few months of her baby's life.
She wants to be able to love and care for her um yeah and I would not do that and yes no it is not easy yes eight years and you still those things are hard to imagine my whole brain changed umh the way.
I made you know it makes sense now that it was not you um to develop the ability to communicate and love your child but at that time you were not and there is a lot of sadness about that for moms like Gabby and Sarah in winter.
There was nothing that separated me from their diagnosis they had never heard of this condition or knew how to get through it but talking has helped and changed Sarah's career as she is now the lead producer of a film about a mother.
War and mental health is a sad story to warn about what can happen if you do not get help the right help is long gone
amazing to let go of a lot of embarrassment around and share it and try again.
Help women and it makes me feel lucky that it wasn't my story that I got better my story is good or has a new reason no call her favorite role Sarah will always play.
The mom in oscar sam and Julian in my house is noisy but they are weird kids and they are the most amazing thing that ever happened to me.
They are incredibly complex but smart guys I can't imagine my life without being a mom and you know when I see them growing up I see them thriving and I go him I don't know it is the best. I have no words.
No comments:
Post a Comment